Sunday 19 January 2014

Week 2: Vegetable Biryani

In preparation for the changes to my diet, I bought a couple of cook books.  Therefore I am sure during the early stages of this blog you will see many recipes from these books.

The two books were both recommended by non-vegetarians who enjoy a veggie meal.  I like a recommendation as I don't seem to be too good at picking nice cook books.

The books were:


So what did I cook?  A Vegetable Biryani, and it was bloody lovely (don't be put off by the photo!).  I was a bit lazy and used curry powder instead of the individual spices listed in the book, but I don't think it cheapened it too much.  Have a look at the recipe here.

One thing to note, the recipe makes a mahoosive Biryani, I took it to work as lunch everyday for a week!



OK, I agree.  My food photography needs work!


Rating
Taste - 16/20
Cost 6/10
Difficulty - 5/10
Prep Time - 3/10
Overall - 60%

2 comments:

  1. Hugh's North African Squash and Chickpea stew is well worth a try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan, just wait until week 13 it's in the queue! It was pretty tasty (and lasted all week!)

      Delete