Friday 3 January 2014

Week 1: Curried Lentil Pie

My wife is Scottish and in Scotland it is traditional to eat Steak Pie on New Years Day, it is genuinely one of my favourite meals of the day.....so I felt the pinch on day one!

To counter the steak pie, I decided I needed to make a veggie pie, so armed with a bag or lentils and what was in our cupboards I knocked up a curried lentil pie (I made my own version of this, based on what we had in our cupboards).


One Steak, One Lentil.......can you tell the difference?

It was lovely, but there seems to be a part of my brain that does not register a meal without meat as I was still hungry afterwards!


Rating
Taste - 10/20
Cost - 8/10
Difficulty - 5/10
Prep Time - 4/10 
Overall 54%


1 comment:

  1. I think it must be very tasty, and you should retry it later on, when your will be less meat-addicted :)

    ReplyDelete