Friday 3 January 2014

So it's on....................

I am a man who likes a challenge and each year I set myself a challenge much like a new years resolution.  Normally my challenges are of a physical nature but in 2014 I have decided to take on a different challenge; to give up meat for a year.  Just to be clear, I will still occasionally eat fish for a source of protein.

"This isn't a challenge" I hear all vegetarians cry?  To me, this is.  I love meat and I love food, I have no moral objections to eating animals (although I do have issues with some modern farming techniques); basically I have no real reason to stop eating meat and denying myself what has been a lifelong staple of my diet for an entire year.  The reason I am doing this is simply because it is a challenge to me.  

No, it is not physically tough like climbing Mt Everest or running a marathon, but it will involve changing the way I think about food and be learning a whole new repituire of recipes (Macroni Cheese is current about the extent of it!)

So the idea of the blog is to record each week a new meal I have made and rate it.  I will also share recipes and news on how I am progressing, simple really.

If you have any suggestions of meals I may enjoy then please pass them on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment