Wednesday 5 March 2014

Week 9: Ratattouille

My photography will improve, I promise!  So far pics have been taken with my phone, but I will be making the transition to a proper camera shortly (in truth, I have made the switch but I have a backlog of recipes with rubbish pictures to use up!)

So Ratattouille, not just a great film, it's also a recipe!  Whilst the Ratattouille (I have to check how to spell it everytime I write it) was lovely, I did struggle to think of a nice way to serve it.  I went with cous cous as you can see in the picture which seemed to work, but somehow just Ratattouille on it's own didn't seem like a meal.

It was also a lot of work, so if I was to do it again I might be tempted to double up the recipe and put the other half in the freezer for another day.

Recipe here.



It tasted better than the photo looks, which would not be difficult.
Rating
Taste - 14/20
Cost - 5/10
Difficulty - 5/10
Prep Time - 5/10 
Overall 58%

2 comments:

  1. I have a small tip: to make it faster and easier, you can fry vegetables a little bit and then cook them together with sauce. Have a look: http://tantoverde.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/simple-ratatouille/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Anna, keep an eye on my blog as I am definitely going to be reviewing your vegetarian crumble......I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete